Introduction to System Dynamics Simulation Modelling
On Wednesday the 3rd of August Dr David Rees from Synergia presented an Introduction to System Dynamics Simulation Modelling
On Wednesday the 3rd of August Dr David Rees from Synergia presented an Introduction to System Dynamics Simulation Modelling as part of our #LearningSeries events. We had an amazing turnout of people who were listening and engaging in the korero led by David.
It was an exciting session and gave the audience an opportunity to talk about the application of modelling in their specific context. Dr David Rees spoke about the meaning of simulation modelling. What is it’s value? What do we use it for? and why do we use it?
The key points of the presentation included:
- What is a system and what do we want to understand about it?
- All models are wrong [and so is most research].
- Understanding stocks and flows.
- Simulation models: examples.
- The limits of, and value of, modelling.
To learn more:
– Download the PPT presentation
– Access the Zoom recording
Keep your eyes peeled for our next Learning Series Event which will happen in a couple of months!
We’d love to see you again to continue this journey.
Registration information and more details will be available soon
Published on 09 August 2022 ← Article index